Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sore Fingers Return











I am finally back to the button series. It is going smashingly well. It is actually going better than I expected, as it has been a minute since I have attended to it. I am assuming that is why it is going so well. My buttons need lots of love and attention, and so do my fingers. They become extremely sore during the process. So, I have vowed to do the button piece in small spurts..perhaps one or two a month, depending on the size of the particular piece.


Other Art Updates:

Photography: I have been using Buddy quite a bit. I have committed to taking him out at least once a week and sometimes more than that. It is wonderful the things that are available to be photographed. Often times it is the unsuspected things that create a fabulous photo. In another week or so, I am looking to post some of the pictures that I have taken on this photography site.


Paintings: I painted another panel in a series on my niece and nephews. I didn't like it at all. I would say that I hated it, but I love the subject...(otherwise known as "my kids"). Even though I didn't like the way that things were turning out, I decided to push through and finish it anyway. I once heard the creator of The Joy of Living Creatively say that an artist does not always like everything that he/she creates. However, an artist should not let that one faux pas stop them from creating masterpieces. The ideal is to push through that particular piece to get to the next piece. I have vowed to push through so that my creativity is never stagnant.


Jewelry: The ETSY page is up. I haven't made any sales as of yet, but then again I haven't made the effort to put much more on there since about 2 weeks ago. I have created some more jewelry, but I just need to put it on the website. That is me being a bit lazy on that end. I will find out how things are selling at Elle Bee Studio by the end of this month. The check in the mail will tell me. Other than that, I have been getting lots of compliments on the pieces that I have been wearing. It is making a buzz around town and selling itself for the most part.


Pearls of Wisdom:
I've been in a loving kind of mood for the last couple of weeks. So, just bare with a sister and allow the love that has been so graciously given to me spill over and engulf you! ENJOY!

"You can’t make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved, the rest is up to the person to realize your worth." -Unknown

Be Blessed!

No comments: