Saturday, May 1, 2010

Philly's Pulse

I am a person that marches to the beat of my own drum. I realize that now more than ever. Some call it unique, different, eclectic, and perhaps even a tad weird.

As I strolled home from the UArts AAP Emerge gallery opening at the Sande Webster Gallery (which was great!), I managed to pass by Rittenhouse Square Park. It reminded me why I am just a train ride away from the city.

What a variety of individuals. I was drawn into the people that were just as eclectic as I am. There were some who juggled, some who did tricks with hula hoops, some strummed the guitar, some walked their dogs, some played with frisbees, some were on dates, and some practiced acrobatics.
I am connected to Philly's pulse, and with each reverberating wave I feel a need to create. A need to express just who I am through my work. It's just enough push without being overwhelming. It's unassuming, but holds expectations...great expectations for those that too absorb all the incredible things it has to offer.

Thanks for the inspiration Philly! I am soaking you up!

Pearls of Wisdom:

Find the silver lining in the clouds, but more importantly, find the inspiration that comes through and after the storm!




Be Blessed!

No comments: