Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November Already?

Hola Compadres! It is hard to believe that we have passed the fall months and are now approaching old man winter. I wasn't particularly fond of last winter. I had to do much of the shoveling (by choice). Who in the world would have their 60 year old mother outside shoveling snow by herself. That would be oh so cruel.

Anywho, it's been more than a week since I have blogged last. Last week was extremely busy. I spent most of my time editing close to 200 pictures for my friends that are expecting twins. I was going to bed at approximately 3am and waking up at about 7am. Then, I danced at a baby shower on Saturday and sang until I could sing no more on Sunday.

Since the last time I blogged, I have had many great things take place. A mentor of mine gave me plenty of broken jewelry that I will be able to put in my arsenal of products. Thanks Sis. Naffessa! I may have gained a few customers as a result of my friends baby shower I attended. People were really pleased with their photos and inquired about having theirs taken.

So, that is what has been going on amongst a few other things!

Today's creation is a ring. This is actually something that I was sort of re-vamping. My mentor was in love with the ring and didn't want to give it away, but wasn't happy with it beginning to tarnish. I decided to burnish the edges where it was tarnishing to bring out the copper tone that was underneath the plated silver. It's now a copper accented ring.

The copper undertone makes the petal like structure pop!

I was glad to be able to make this ring new for it's owner. It just goes to show that sometimes you don't have to get rid of old things, but just have a mind to restore them to fit what you want them to be for you today!

Have a great evening! Until next time....

Pearls of Wisdom:
Let's make sure that we are looking at the treasure in what some call trash. Underneath it all, you might just find a gem!
Be blessed!

No comments: