Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Keeping Busy

The last couple of days have been wonderful! I haven't had the chance to blog, but have been working still.


I have been wanting to make a skirt out of some jeans for quite some time now, and I have finally leaped off the ledge to do so. I have opened up the hems and started to pin back together. I will be starting to sew in the next day or so.


I have also been doing some knitting. I like to knit or crochet a scarf or two every fall season. I have mastered the scarf, and may be looking to start a project that is not linear soon.


Today's creative piece is a pair of earrings. I liked those other pearl and chain earrings that I made a few weeks ago so much, I decided to make another pair. This go round I decided to use both regular and green pearls. And instead of having pearls dangling from the bottom, I decided to have a single pearl dangling in the middle of the triangle made with the chains at the top. As with the other earrings, the chains were previously a broken belt.



Green has been my color of choice this season


NEWS:
I have decided to still give away free jewelry to those that are commenting. I will be doing so quarterly instead of monthly because I don't have a whole bunch of folks commenting. However, I will be choosing a name to send free jewelry to for the month of September.


I pray you all have a wonderful evening, and until we meet again....ta ta!

Pearls of Wisdom:
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for." ~William Shedd
Likewise, our gifts are safe if we keep them for ourselves, but that is not what our gifts are for. Share your gifts today. Your gift may be the driving force to change someones world!

Be blessed!

No comments: