Thursday, December 16, 2010

Honing In On Other Skills

This week I have been focusing on honing in on my sewing skills. I am not the perfect sewer yet, but I am looking forward to being able to sew some things that I have been wanting to wear.

So today's creation is a jean skirt that I made out of an old pair of jeans. Ha! I guess I am still in the same vain...finding something old, and making it new! But really, I was excited about this one. I have been wanting to do this for quite some time.

The pair of jeans I purchased a long time ago...let's say 7 years ago. I had to either throw them away or finds something to do with them as they were starting to get holes. And you all know me, I am always looking for ways to make old things fabulous again!

As you can see, they are sort of utility like (they have the carpenter look at the bottom, and in the back), but that is what gives them such great character! I decided to leave the buttons on at the bottom to allow the skirt to remain super long, and to keep the flare. I opened up the seams in the middle, closed the front, and stitched it back together. I needed to do a little bit of hand stitching at the bottom to avoid from breaking or changing the needle on my machine.

I picked out fabric that I absolutely love. I got the fabric a while ago, but didn't know what to use it for. I didn't notice that the pattern was a leaf motif at first, but I like it anyway! I sewed the fabric on the back of the skirt to fill in the gap that was left from opening the seam, and then sewed the bottom to match up with the skirt, and VIOLA...we have a skirt!!!


Front of the skirt


Back panel with fabric. I used the same fabric for my journal!


Me, after rocking my skirt to a Christmas party with my church fam! I love you guys!

I have been super lazy about taking before pics of things, and I do apologize. I will do so for the next creation I will be making very shortly.

Have a great weekend! If it's snowing or hailing or anything of the sort where you are, please take your time and be careful!

I look forward to updating you on more creative adventures next week!

Pearls of Wisdom:
Honing in on different endeavours can expand your horizons for the passions of life! Wet your appetite for something different, and try something new!!!

Be Blessed!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The skirt came out fabulous!

The Artist In Me said...

Hey Puddin'!

Thanks doll! I love that you have a blog site now...I can't wait to post up a storm! Love ya!