Wednesday, January 12, 2011

100th Post!

It took a while for me to get here, but I have reached my 100th post!!!!!!!

I thought that I was going to be able to keep up with ministry, businesses (art and massage therapy), a social life, and post daily! I crack myself up, and for sure haven't been able to do so for long periods of time. However, what I am able to do is post on a weekly basis, letting you all know what I have been up to creatively.

So today, although I have been working on knitting some scarfs this week for presents, I wanted to focus on artwork of some others.
These pieces are from some children that are in my life. Their sketches/drawings are absolutely amazing, and done with no fear whatsoever. It always amazes me that adults are sometimes afraid to do things due to what others may think, and children are simply fearless! They don't care if you like what they have created or not. All they are concerned with is transcribing what they see in their heads onto paper or whatever medium they are working with. As the quote states, they dance like no one is watching, love like they'll never get hurt, sing like no one is listening, and live like heaven is right here on Earth.


Maya has already started to develop a style that she likes. Can we say a future cartoonist, story board writer or children's book artist! The possibilities are endless!!! (I apologize for the position of the 2nd pic. Blogger is uploading funny these days)


Drew draws from what he sees, and decided to take it to the next level do a bit of collaging!
Today, I pray that you take lessons from a child! They are exquisitely resilient in many ways adults are not. They bounce back in minutes, if not seconds! Talk to you all next week!

Pearls of Wisdom:
"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like there's nobody listening, and live like it's heaven on Earth."
~William W. Purkey

Be blessed!

No comments: