Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Knitting & Crochetting Frenzy

Hello Folks!

It is hard to believe that we are about to enter into February! It seems like we just finished celebrating the new year.

The last time I posted I told you all I had lots of projects on the horizon. Almost all of those projects have to do with either knitting or crocheting. A sister-friend of mine and I were blessed by a wise woman a few weeks ago (thanks Minister Pat). She showed us how to read a pattern.

Those that know me know that I am not really one to follow patterns (I don't have much patience). I would much rather figure things out as I go. However, a few years back, a boss of mine gave me a book of simple crochet patterns. I saw a cowel that I had to have, and thought that this would be the perfect time to attempt to make it.

I started it about 2 weeks ago, and have picked it up when time permitted. It doesn't quite resemble the picture. I didn't follow the pattern to the T because it would have been too small. I have a big head. Oh and, don't always believe when a garment says "one size fits all" because what they really mean is "one size fits most"! I also didn't use the same colors or the same yarn. I couldn't find the yarn that they wanted me to use, and those that were comparable were way too expensive. So I opted for an acrylic yarn that was pretty weighty. All in all, I believe that it will turn out to be good regardless.

This is what the finished product is supposed to look like from the pattern

This is what I have got thus far. I will keep you all updated on the outcome next week! Until then, be safe in what ever sort of weather you are bearing!

My incomplete version thus far

Pearls of Wisdom:
"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." ~ Naguib Mahfouz
Take the time to listen and ask the pertinent questions that will give the person you are asking the answers they are unknowingly seeking.
Be blessed!

No comments: