Sunday, June 12, 2011

I Won't Say

I won't say, "What I will..." or "What I won't..." do this go round. I will just create and post, create and post, and create and post, and so on and so forth. You get the hint!

I won't make any grandiose promises. I have come to realize (although with the best intentions at heart) that I can't always (nor do I always want to) live up to my promises. Sometimes we make promises that we think we can fulfill when we make them, later to find out that we can't make good on them or don't even want to make good on them. We as humans are super fickle, and for as much as I may hate it, I am no exception to the rule.

What I will say is that for today, I am blogging. For today, I am displaying my work. For today, I am confident that I am on this journey of creative discovery for a grander purpose than myself. For today, I am living life with no hesitation, but choosing to live and love. For today, I am able to express myself through the plethora of mediums that GOD has provided. For today, I intend to use those mediums to express the world of thoughts that swirl in my head that I am not always able to express verbally. For today, I feel free...free to be me, with no restrictions and no restraints!

What's been up in the last few months?
Life and all of its nuances! Ministry has taken precedence over all else in these past months. It should...at its core essence it is living life doing all the things I am purposed to do...even art. I have been painting and sketching (some images in this post), but I haven't been making much jewelry. I have been growing a massage therapy business, and helping to manage a program that serves as a positive outlet for inner city youth. I have been learning the fine art of balance!!!




Why haven't I blogged?
Honestly, I had become a tad discouraged! I know in previous posts I have mentioned that I am blogging to catalog this creative journey, but the reality is, it doesn't hurt to know that somewhere in this space that we call Earth that there are people that are interested in your journey. A "Whoo rah!", "Keep up the good work!", "Excellent job!", serves well as a morale booster. Even a, "I hate this piece!", "This is not my favorite.", or "Maybe try this..." serves as a good critique tool, and is better than nothing.

What's next?
Ha ha ha! Who really knows in this insanely multifaceted world of mine! What I intend to do though is to do a 365 day study of the city of Philadelphia. I am hoping to start the first of July or at the latest the first of August. I will photograph different parts of the city and do the daily drawings, painting or mixed media pieces from those photographs. I don't expect the pieces to be very large as I will be attempting to create one on a daily basis.

There you have it! I pray you all will dive into this sea of wonderful possibilities called "my creative journey" with me. It's much appreciated!

Pearls of Wisdom:
"Obstacles are like wild animals. They are cowards but they will bluff you if they can. If they see you are afraid of them, they are liable to spring upon you; but if you look them squarely in the eye, they will slink out of sight"
~ Orison Swett Marden

No comments: