Tuesday, August 9, 2011

#7- City Hall & My Calling!

Sometimes we spend so much time trying to attain others gifts that we fail to nourish our own. Today I am fully convinced that I was born to be an artist. It's just the truth of the matter. I enjoy doing many things. I admire the gifts of others and if the truth has to be told...have even envied those gifts at times, but I am sure that GOD thought of me as a creative being before I was formed in my Mother's womb. That's real sure huh!

But I do! It's not just a passion or my career, but my calling! I was purposed to create, and share that creativity! I remember as clear as day almost over 10 years ago. I laid across my bed in my one bedroom apartment at the time in Northern Virginia. I sobbed and repeatedly asked GOD who HE made me to be. I asked, over and over what I was created in this world to do. I pleaded for answers. As I drifted off to sleep, Exodus 31:1-6 came to me to read. I read, and learned that GOD was telling Moses the craftsmen that would be building the tabernacle. I was floored, and if there was any doubt what HE said, a friend called and said that he thought about me as he read. He gave me Exodus 35:30-35, which is Moses telling the people what GOD told him in Exodus 31:1-6.

So here I am sharing with the world what I know to be a gift from GOD! My prayer is that you, the one that views and reads this blog can benefit from my gift!

Today's painting is the start of a view of City Hall. I am going to be publishing this post, but will come back to put up finished photos as well in the next few days.

I never understood the buzz about City Hall until a few years ago. It was a place that conducted serious business. A place where one goes to get their birth certificates, marriage licenses, passports, and so forth and so on. I never really took the time to see the beauty in its architecture. It is absolutely amazing! Not only is the structure amazing, but the view of the city from its entrance and exit points are something to marvel at.

There I was with a friend, and decided at that point that I needed to capture that particular time and space to paint as a part of this project.



There you have it!!! Have a great evening!!!


Pearls of Wisdom:
“I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.”
~Og Mandino

Be blessed!

No comments: