Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Complete Winnie the Pooh Mural!

Good Morning Good People!!! I attempted to post last night, but the exhaustion took me down. Today is a new day, and I am feeling refreshed!!

I read a blog not too long ago that talked about evolving. I thought that it is true that we are constantly evolving...constantly changing...constantly reshaping ourselves (for the better I hope). So I have decided to make a small change in the way that I blog. I love giving you folks an inside peep on what is going on behind my art, and that won't change. A lot of times that means there are some words to read...sometimes more than others. However there is a beauty in words that sometimes captures what the eyes cannot see. I am all about tapping into all of the senses. God gave them to us and I want to use all of them to the best of my ability!

With that said, just the aesthetics of the blog will change a bit. I am going to be adding a My Thoughts For the Day subtitle. A small change, but a change I think will make reading a little easier. I will try it and see if it works...if not, I will change again. After all these years, I realize...change is good!!!

WINNIE THE POOH
mural
is complete



Yes...the mural is complete. When I started the sketches for the mural a few months ago I was so unsure if I would be able to complete the task. As I explained in earlier posts, although I normally work very large, this would be my first mural. If I had to be honest, I was kind of shook. I did a whole lot of praying and asking GOD for wisdom, and HE definitely came through as always. Each time I put my brush to the wall I gained more confidence. I realize that when a task is given, and I know that I am purposed to do it, I must just do it! I recognize that most times I have nothing to lose, and truthfully the fear of "I can't" sometimes pushes me to the point of knowing that "I will...I must!" So, I did, and praise GOD it turned out great. There are definitely things that I would have changed, but there is no room for a perfectionist attitude right now. I am learning to leave well enough alone, and move on to the next projects.

I want to thank Stacy and Byron for believing with confidence that I could complete this awesome task. People from all over will see this, and perhaps ask for my services. I know that it was given as a gift, but you all have given me the best gift ever of allowing me to showcase my abilities! Thank you so much! I love you all and can't wait to see baby Thumper!!!

My thoughts for the Day
I had a pretty amazing epiphany yesterday...I am a very passionate person! Now before you all get to thinking outside of the box that I am putting that word in, let's define the word passionate. It simply means to express or show intense emotions and feelings about a particular thing. Some good synonyms...excitable, zealous, enthusiastic, earnest, and animated...to name a few.

I do! I work passionately, I create passionately, I sing passionately, I write passionately, I live passionately, I laugh passionately, and I love passionately (In the box right now! All my single people understand lol!). That's just a short list, but covers so much. I simply am a passionate person. I see that as a good thing, and make no excuses for it. It means that each day I attempt to do things to the best of my ability! I am grateful to GOD for allowing me to be passionate about life period! It keeps me going when I feel I have nothing left to give.

So there you all have it....the new subheading! I pray you all enjoy! I will be updating on the 365 Philly Project next. Have a great day...living and loving on purpose!!!

Pearls of Wisdom:
“The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment.”
~Earl Nightingale

“The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.”
~Mitch Albom

Today take time to listen to the heart of GOD. Be quiet, listen good, and then ask the necessary questions. Once you receive the answer, trust that answer and get to doing what it is you are supposed to do. Do whatever it is with a passion like never before!

Be blessed!

No comments: