Friday, August 3, 2012

Defining Style






The price of this item is $18 (tax and shipping not included), and please remember that the paypal button under the earrings are ONLY for these Blue Tye Dye Screen Earrings.  There will be posts following with other earrings available to purchase, and in the event it is needed, a return policy is at the end of this post. If you are looking for other items that are for sale, please hit the for sale label on the left side of this blog. That will bring up all the items that are currently for sale.
 
Thought For The Day:
It's mid morning here in NJ, and it's rather gloomy, but I am feeling super creative! I am actually feeling much like I can do anything, which is a good thing since I have so much to take care of.

I mentioned a book in an earlier post called "Imagine" by Jonah Lehrer. It's a pretty deep book that unfolds a little more scientifically how creativity works. As I was reading a chapter called The Unconcealing yesterday I was floored by how many similarities I had with some great artists.

It goes into the idiosyncrasies of a legendary graphic designer who came up with the infamous I (heart) NY campaign. He, much like myself, used whatever medium he needed to in order to get his point across. “ Glaser has no defining style. He isn’t a minimalist or a maximalist, a realist or a cartoonist. (‘I distrust styles’, he says. ‘To have a style is to be trapped.’) Instead, Glaser treats each assignment as a unique problem with its own requirements and constraints. He doesn’t know what the answer will look like or what kind of image it will require.”

I completely understand how Glaser feels. Working with just one medium or just in one particular style definitely makes me feel like a caged bird begging to be free. I paint, draw, design, etc. how I feel, and to do anything less is like committing a highway robbery. I understand that sometimes in this industry I may have to bend to fit the mold, but for the most part, I am stern about not fitting in the box if it doesn't lend to how I feel.

So here is to using different mediums to express who I was created to be!

Until next post...ta ta! Don't forget to share, comment and follow!

Sketch Of The Day:
I had been trying to sketch this all week. I took it on as a 30 min sketch. I like the image and took some artistic liberties with it. 


Pearls Of Wisdom: 
"Style is the hallmark of a temperament stamped upon the material at hand."
~ Andre Maurois


Be blessed!


Exo31 Art, LLC Jewelry Return Policy
If you are not satisfied with your jewelry, you may return it for an exchange or credit ONLY. Any item purchased at a retailer other than Exo31 Art, LLC cannot be returned to Exo31 Art, LLC for an exchange or credit. Please contact the retailer your items were purchased from.

  • Your exchange or credit must be requested within 7 calendar days of receiving it. Please notify us via email (exo31art@gmail.com) before the return.  Your package must be postmarked within 7 calendar days of receiving it.
  • Jewelry must be its original, new, unworn, and undamaged condition to be eligible for exchange or credit. 
  • All return shipping charges are the customer's responsibility and cannot be refunded. Please return jewelry in its original package. When shipping please make sure that the container is well padded and ship using UPS or USPS. Shipping insurance is not required, but recommended. Exo31 Art, LLC is not responsible for damages or loss incurred in return shipping.
  • Information as to where to return items will be sent in response to your exchange or credit request email.
  • Once your jewelry item has been received and examined, your original method of payment will be credited within one week, not including the original or return shipping costs. You will receive an email confirmation of your refund once it is processed.

No comments: