Friday, June 1, 2012

History








This is the first seemingly solid fabric that I have used. The fabric is actually white with a few circular burnout areas that can be seen in certain lighting. I tried to capture it for you, but it is hard to see. I chose to use a sage green stitching.

Thought For the Day: 
Before I get real thick into the thought of the day, I want to make mention that the titles for my posts always make mention to the thought for the day. I wanted you all to get the connection!

So, I have been thinking about history a lot lately. In the past I have posted about me not being real fond of learning about history for various reasons. But this time I am grateful for the history that I formerly despised.

I have learned a few things from old man history. It has a way of repeating itself. You see it happening in so many ways within our society (fashion, war, relationships, etc.). The reality is, we are creatures of habit. It is the habits that have us repeating the same ole' cycles some times. Today I can say that I am grateful that I am able to see the past (history) in hindsight. I am a better person for it. I am able to make better decisions...clearer decisions...wiser decisions. Instead of having to be taught the lesson over and over again, I can take a page from history and be equipped to get things right the first time. I have the ability to make my present and future so much better than my history. I am ever so grateful for that!

That's my rant for the day folks! I will be posting another pair of screen earrings this evening, and then previewing the new summer scarf line! Enjoy your weekend! Until next post....

Pearls of Wisdom:
History constantly keeps us informed of the things we need to change because they don't work, and allows those things that are working to remain in the forefront.

Be blessed! 

Exo31 Art, LLC Jewelry Return Policy
If you are not satisfied with your jewelry, you may return it for an exchange or credit ONLY. Any item purchased at a retailer other than Exo31 Art, LLC cannot be returned to Exo31 Art, LLC for an exchange or credit. Please contact the retailer your items were purchased from.

  • Your exchange or credit must be requested within 7 calendar days of receiving it. Please notify us via email (exo31art@gmail.com) before the return.  Your package must be postmarked within 7 calendar days of receiving it.
  • Jewelry must be its original, new, unworn, and undamaged condition to be eligible for exchange or credit. 
  • All return shipping charges are the customer's responsibility and cannot be refunded. Please return jewelry in its original package. When shipping please make sure that the container is well padded and ship using UPS or USPS. Shipping insurance is not required, but recommended. Exo31 Art, LLC is not responsible for damages or loss incurred in return shipping.
  • Information as to where to return items will be sent in response to your exchange or credit request email.
  • Once your jewelry item has been received and examined, your original method of payment will be credited within one week, not including the original or return shipping costs. You will receive an email confirmation of your refund once it is processed.

2 comments:

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

My Dear One, I so glad to see you are still creating beautiful works!

I think of you often and hold you in prayer always.

Good to know we are connected on Facebook!

Your opinion of your work is the prevailing opinion! ((HUGS))

The Artist In Me said...

Hi Love! Thank you so much for your prayers. It is good to know that there are folks out there standing in the gap. I am also excited that we are connected on FB, and indeed you are correct about my opinion of my work. I am learning to be okay with not being "perfect". It's a process that includes not caring about what others think so much, realizing the only opinion that really counts is Gods!

Love you, and thank you again!