Thursday, June 14, 2012

Working Through














The official introduction to the new scarfs! They have finally made it to the blog for sale! This copper colored scarf is made of blended fibers with a touch of sparkle to it. It is extremely light and appropriate for this time of year. It's a little over 15 inches long and is perfect to add a little punch to your wardrobe. 

The price of this item is $25, and please remember that the paypal button under the scarf is ONLY for the copper scarf.  There will be posts following with other scarfs available to purchase, and the return policy is the same as that for Exo31 Art, LLC jewelry. If you are looking for other items that are for sale, please hit the for sale label on the left side of this blog. That will bring up all the items that are currently for sale.

Thought For The Day:
Again I have been feeling like there is not enought time in the day. Of course it could be my fault. Most days I make great strides to get done what I need to. It's the days when I don't write out a list that are the worst. It's like time just is sucked away.

So now that I have decided that I am going to take much of this summer to get my portfolio together so that I can start applying to some artist residencies (as soon as late fall), I have been avoiding my studio. I like that I have a place to call a studio, but if I have to be honest, it's not my favorite place. Let me clarify a bit.

I just started reading this book called "Imagine" by Jonah Lehrer. My dear sister-friend Trish blessed me with it after I read it a bit while we chatted at B&N, and I complained that I wanted to purchase the book, but needed to wait until it came out in paperback. I am not that far into the book, but the sleeve said something that caught my attention. It explained that the color blue is the best color to ignite creativity. I thought, "Hmm...that is why I feel so comfortable in my room." I made the switch from off white to blue about 3 years ago while redesigning my room. I wasn't so sure why I was compelled to choose blue because the purple and pink family is what I am normally drawn to. Perhaps God knew that I would need all the help I could get to always be fresh creativly. 

I say all that to say that I am happier in my room creating that I am in my studio. There is something comforting in knowing that I can work and take a nap in the same area. My room is warm, and my studio...well, kind of cold. It is in my basement with little natural light and there is more than just my studio there. The other side serves as a storage area. This all may seem like complaining, but please understand my plight. I am extremely grateful for the studio area that I have...don't get me wrong. I could be working with nothing. I have attempted to make what I have a home, but it is no longer working in the manner in which is favorable for my work or my creative process. 


My mission now is to work through. I need to get these pieces done, and I have lots of other things on the horizon. All of which cannot be held back by me not wanting to work in my studio. I will tie up my bootstraps and get to work...regardless of how I feel! 


With that being said, you all will be seeing some completed painting real soon. I apologize beforehand because none of these paintings will be on sale as of yet. 

Keep it easy folks! Until next post...

Pearls of Wisdom:
I'm just happy to be working consistently.
~ Morris Chestnut
 
Be blessed!

Exo31 Art, LLC Jewelry Return Policy
If you are not satisfied with your jewelry, you may return it for an exchange or credit ONLY. Any item purchased at a retailer other than Exo31 Art, LLC cannot be returned to Exo31 Art, LLC for an exchange or credit. Please contact the retailer your items were purchased from.

  • Your exchange or credit must be requested within 7 calendar days of receiving it. Please notify us via email (exo31art@gmail.com) before the return.  Your package must be postmarked within 7 calendar days of receiving it.
  • Jewelry must be its original, new, unworn, and undamaged condition to be eligible for exchange or credit. 
  • All return shipping charges are the customer's responsibility and cannot be refunded. Please return jewelry in its original package. When shipping please make sure that the container is well padded and ship using UPS or USPS. Shipping insurance is not required, but recommended. Exo31 Art, LLC is not responsible for damages or loss incurred in return shipping.
  • Information as to where to return items will be sent in response to your exchange or credit request email.
  • Once your jewelry item has been received and examined, your original method of payment will be credited within one week, not including the original or return shipping costs. You will receive an email confirmation of your refund once it is processed.


No comments: