Friday, July 27, 2012

Creating The Atmosphere





The price of this item is $18 (tax and shipping not included), and please remember that the paypal button under the earrings are ONLY for these Giraffe Print Screen Earrings.  There will be posts following with other earrings available to purchase, and in the event it is needed, a return policy is at the end of this post. If you are looking for other items that are for sale, please hit the for sale label on the left side of this blog. That will bring up all the items that are currently for sale.

Thought For The Day:
Like so many artists, I have an alternate form of income in order to avoid from becoming a starving artist. For those that know me know that I am also a massage therapist. I used to waste an immense amount of time in between clients. Last week a friend challenged me to use each bit of my time wisely. She encouraged me to treat my business as my job. That means that I need to designate at least 40 hours towards my craft each week in the midst of the 90 million other things that I need to do. My purpose is worth at least that!

This is my first week, and I have gotten a good start this week. So far I have logged in about 25 hours with the rest of today and tomorrow to go.

It dawned on me today that there are atmospheres where I feel more creative than others.  I’ve also found that those atmospheres vary depending on what type of art I am working on. 

I love to paint in a naturally lit area that has lots of windows where I can gaze at the outside world. I like to paint alone mostly (with little to no interruptions) with loud music of the genre that lends to the piece of work I am painting. I can conceptualize for a painting, draw, and journal for the most part in any setting.

I know the experts say that the bedroom is supposed be used exclusively for sleeping, but for me crafts are best done in the comfort of my bedroom work desk. There is something about the bed being readily available to take a nap when I need to that is so appealing while doing crafts. I can take a quick break when needed, and get up and get right back to work.

I tend to write (poetry, songs, blog postings) best in an area that is dimly lit with a steady flow of people, and music quietly playing through ear buds.

With that said, in light of this new 40 hours a week that I am committing to my craft, I have no choice but to create an atmosphere that is conducive to what I need to do regardless of where I am. The things that my gifts and talents will produce are worth me giving it my very best shot!



Sketch of the Day:
Of course I was inspired by my garden today. So excited to see the veggies grow!



Pearls of Wisdom:
" Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts.And never hope more than you work."
~ Rita Mae Brown

 Be blessed!
 
Exo31 Art, LLC Jewelry Return Policy
If you are not satisfied with your jewelry, you may return it for an exchange or credit ONLY. Any item purchased at a retailer other than Exo31 Art, LLC cannot be returned to Exo31 Art, LLC for an exchange or credit. Please contact the retailer your items were purchased from.

  • Your exchange or credit must be requested within 7 calendar days of receiving it. Please notify us via email (exo31art@gmail.com) before the return.  Your package must be postmarked within 7 calendar days of receiving it.
  • Jewelry must be its original, new, unworn, and undamaged condition to be eligible for exchange or credit. 
  • All return shipping charges are the customer's responsibility and cannot be refunded. Please return jewelry in its original package. When shipping please make sure that the container is well padded and ship using UPS or USPS. Shipping insurance is not required, but recommended. Exo31 Art, LLC is not responsible for damages or loss incurred in return shipping.
  • Information as to where to return items will be sent in response to your exchange or credit request email.
  • Once your jewelry item has been received and examined, your original method of payment will be credited within one week, not including the original or return shipping costs. You will receive an email confirmation of your refund once it is processed.

No comments: