Sunday, January 20, 2008

Getting Old

I had the energy tonight to do a little blogging, so I thought that I would do so before the fizzle...well, fizzeled out. I had the opportunity to hang out with some good friends of mine this evening; friends that I had not seen in a while. We ate dinner, played some games, shared laughs/stories and watched a little "def comedy jam". As the 11 o'clock hour started to approach, jackets went on and a flurry of goodbye kisses blessed cheeks. It was then that we realized that we are, getting old. For those that used to attend dance parties, clubs, etc., you know that you didn't arrive at your destination until 11pm or midnight. Now, as I approach the age of 30, I can hardly keep my eyes open past midnight. Yes, it is all so funny how lives change and priorities shift...all for the better of course. Well...ta ta for the night.

Be blessed!

2 comments:

Keith said...

So does that mean we're getting old or simply maturing, like fine wine? I'm 29 next month and I am loving the slowdown.

The Artist In Me said...

Hi Keith! Fine wine we are. It's all for the better :) Thanks for posting!