Saturday, January 5, 2008

I Couldn't Resist!


Hey All! I know that I said that I would be posting the series that I am working on when I get done, but I thought that I would post at least one panel now. I thought that it would be a good opportunity to get some painting on this page. This is not the most recent panel, but the first panel that was done about 6 months ago. The series is about children...yes...my beautiful niece and handsome nephews. Children really inspire me so. They have so much character at such a young age. It really boggles my mind sometimes just how intelligent they are. They say funny things like, "Oh snap", "My brain told me to do that" and "I am like Joseph". They say endearing things like, "Jesus loves you", "Do I look handsome today?" and "Don't cry...it is okay". They simply just are...something us adults have lots of problems being. They have no problem stating the truth and enjoy life to the fullest minus the worries. If we could all take lessons from children, we would be so much better off.

Be blessed!

4 comments:

J.L. said...

Adorable painting.

Sophia Elise said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest of the series. :-) Sophia

Andrea and Kim said...

You are so right...children are true blessings. They are also so very inspiring and teach us a lot if we are willing to learn. My two taught me everything I know... :) and they still are at 18 and 21!

This is a wonderful piece, really. You have a wonderful style and your love of children shows through!

Thanks for visiting my blog earlier! Come visit again.

The Artist In Me said...

Sohphia and Kim...thank you for your posts! I will definitely keep you all updated on this series. I hope to be done by the end of the month.