Friday, January 25, 2008

The Substance of Things Hoped For...

It's been 4 days since I last blogged and I have been chomping at the bit to get back to it. Time just has not permitted it much. So what has happened in the last couple of days you ask? I am so glad you did! I finished that scarf that I started this blog with. It's not perfect, but it looks pretty jazzy for my first time knitting. I will attach pictures to this post a little later. I have also started another painting, which sparked the topic for this blog.

During my quiet time with God, I read and studied Hebrews 11:1 and some supporting scriptures. I really prayed that since I am sure that this creative/art/craft thing is a gift from Him, that the correlation between it, Him, and the world would be made clear to me. As I read the definition of faith (the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen), it was clear to me why I go through struggles at times creating...turning a vision into reality. So, I equated a blank canvas to faith. A blank canvas is exactly that...blank. There is no image, no tale, and no story. It is what I hope for that becomes evident as I apply a medium of my choice to the canvas. The hope that once I start, I will finish. The hope that the particular piece being worked on turns out how I envisioned it would. The hope that the materials used would cooperate to achieve the desired outcome. It's not seen on that blank canvas, but definitely hoped for.

With that said, I continue to have faith...faith that the evidence of the things not seen will become crystal clear as I keep hope alive for the substance (ministry) that I know God has blessed me with, creativity.

Have a wonderful evening all!

Be blessed!

No comments: