Tuesday, July 19, 2011

#2 - The City of Brotherly Love

The great city of Philadelphia was deemed the City of Brotherly love by William Penn a little over a century ago (in the 1890's) after the Greek word philos, which means brotherly love. The city may not always live up to its lovely nickname these days, but I am a loving type of person. So I decided to do a painting of the Love sculpture by Robert Indiana in JFK Plaza that gave the Plaza it's famous Love Park nickname.

I speak highly of journaling and writing, and do a lot of it. As I have explained before, it is a space where I am able to be completely me with GOD and provides a safe arena for me to think creatively.

With this painting, I decided to use love letters that I have written as the backdrop. Yes, I am the mushy type who writes love letters to my mate. The mate that is not yet here, but thought of often.

I used glossy Modge Podge to lay the letters down, and to give me the glossy finish I was looking for. I then did a matte paint to paint the actual love scultpure and a permanent pen to write on the sides of the canvas.


There you have it folks! I pray you enjoy this. I will be posting during the week and taking a break during the weekend.

Pearls of Wisdom:
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

~Lao Tzu

Be blessed!

No comments: