Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Journey Begins!

The painting frenzy has begun!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am super detail oriented when it comes to my art work...my creative endeavors, and this one is no different. I am praying that I didn't bite off more than I can chew. I guess the only person that makes the rules is me, since it is my project.

I have finished the first of 365 paintings today. As I have stated in previous posts, this series is about the city of Philadelphia. I will be touring different parts of the city and depicting them through my creative lens. There will be a fair share of tourist sites, but also parts of the city that are not so glamorous. I would even be willing to take suggestions from you folks!!!

A few weeks ago some friends and myself had a fabulous lunch at Reading Terminal. Reading Terminal has been around since 1897, and one can find anything from produce to hand-made crafts, and everything in between there. I indulged in one of the best turkey sandwiches that I have had in a long time from The Original Turkey. It was fabulous and left me wanting more.

So since Reading Terminal is a staple to the Philadelphia community, I thought why not paint it as the first stop on this journey

.

Random Pic of The Day:
Randomness can be found in anything, and today it is about a strawberry that I bit into that resembled a porker...a pig! At least it did to me...lol!!!




Pearls of Wisdom: "Discipline is based on pride, on meticulous attention to details, and on mutual respect and confidence. Discipline must be a habit so ingrained that it is stronger than the excitement of the goal or the fear of failure." ~Gary Ryan Blair
Determine today to do whatever you are called to do despite the fear of failure that may present itself. After all, fear is just false evidence appearing real!!!

Be blessed!

No comments: