Monday, October 15, 2012

Temporary Lows Of Entrepreneurship



SOLD
About This Piece
This Purple/Teal Mix winter scarf is made of a wool and acrylic blend. It is open ended and approximately 3 inches wide and long enough to be wrapped around plenty of times.


The price of this item is $30 (shipping not included), and please remember that the paypal button under the scarf is ONLY for this Purple/Teal Mix winter scarf.  There will be posts following with other scarves available to purchase, and the return policy is the same as that for Exo31 Art, LLC jewelry. If you are looking for other items that are for sale, please hit the for sale label on the left side of this blog. That will bring up all the items that are currently for sale.


Thought For The Day:

Next month will mark the 4th year of operation for Exo31 Art. I should be jumping up and down, but the reality is that I am just now starting to function as a business. I am just now beginning to understand that being an entrepreneur is a sacrifice! I am not so sure that I believed or recognized just how much of a sacrifice it was until I decided that I was going to “just do it”!

The “just do it” mentality comes with a lot of baggage. The baggage for me includes:

Working odd jobs:
I am not a 9 to 5 type of person. Don’t get me wrong; I am a workhorse! However, a 9 to 5 is often too monotonous for me. At the same time, I never thought that at the age of 33 I would be working odd jobs in order to pay bills while my business grows.

Temporary Low Funds:
Temporary low funds often comes with being an entrepreneur. I understand and accept it because it is just “temporary”. I don’t subscribe to the “starving artist” mentality. I am an artist, but I am hardly starving! I would rather go through this temporary space of not getting what I want so that I can grow to the place where I have an overflow of monetary resources. After all it is far more important for me to love what I am doing instead of loving the paycheck. One day (and soon) the paycheck will match my passion for creativity.

Living With Parents:
This is another, “I never thought I would be…” at 33. At this age I thought I would have been in a home of my own. It isn’t so, and I have learned to become okay with that. Again, I understand that this is a temporary situation.

I have learned that on this journey to leaving this awesome legacy that lies within me, there are plenty of unexpected turns. I could either end the journey short of making it to the finish line in order to avoid those unexpected turns or I could navigate my way through the unexpected turns with tenacity. I choose the later of the two. There may be struggles, success may look different than I thought, and things may not always go according to scheduled plans, but at least I am fervently going after what I know I was placed here on this Earth to do!

And to me, it all makes making sacrifices worth it!

Pearls Of Wisdom:
“Starting your own business is like riding a roller coaster. There are highs and lows and every turn you take is another twist. The lows are really low, but the highs can be really high. You have to be strong, keep your stomach tight, and ride along with the roller coaster that you started.” 
Lindsay Manseau 

Be blessed!


Exo31 Art, LLC Jewelry Return Policy
If you are not satisfied with your jewelry, you may return it for an exchange or credit ONLY. Any item purchased at a retailer other than Exo31 Art, LLC cannot be returned to Exo31 Art, LLC for an exchange or credit. Please contact the retailer your items were purchased from.

  • Your exchange or credit must be requested within 7 calendar days of receiving it. Please notify us via email (exo31art@gmail.com) before the return.  Your package must be postmarked within 7 calendar days of receiving it.
  • Jewelry must be its original, new, unworn, and undamaged condition to be eligible for exchange or credit. 
  • All return shipping charges are the customer's responsibility and cannot be refunded. Please return jewelry in its original package. When shipping please make sure that the container is well padded and ship using UPS or USPS. Shipping insurance is not required, but recommended. Exo31 Art, LLC is not responsible for damages or loss incurred in return shipping.
  • Information as to where to return items will be sent in response to your exchange or credit request email.
  • Once your jewelry item has been received and examined, your original method of payment will be credited within one week, not including the original or return shipping costs. You will receive an email confirmation of your refund once it is processed.

No comments: