Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Value of Friendship





 About This Piece  
This Metal & Pearl Bracelet was created a few weeks ago. This is it's first appearance here. The diamond shape metal pieces come from a broken belt. The chain and and pearl pieces were purchased.


The price of this item is $35 (tax and shipping not included), and please remember that the paypal button under the bracelet is ONLY for this Metal & Pearl bracelet.  There will be posts following with other jewelry available to purchase, and in the event it is needed, a return policy is at the end of this post. If you are looking for other items that are for sale, please hit the for sale label on the left side of this blog. That will bring up all the items that are currently for sale.

Thought For The Day:
I have always known that friends were important! The older I become, the more I understand the value of true friendship. I wrote about this approximately two years ago, but have been given a few lessons in having true friends, and more importantly being a true friend.

I am an eternal optimist! You know the type. The type that believes that underneath the trash that lies within all of us, there is always a soft spot that just needs the right atmosphere to emerge. The type that believes love will wash away all the hardships and pains of this world. The type that thinks that one person is just as good as the next. The type that mostly hates conflict.

I am by nature an "open" person, and some would say that I am too "open". I “give up the tapes” easily and often expect that in return from my friends. I don’t do well with aloofness!

In my friends I have learned a few valuable lessons.

We aren’t all the same:

God has created us all to be different for good reasons. I don’t want to imagine a world of only “me’s” hanging around. As a matter of fact, uniqueness is what makes this world amazing. Imagine the chaos that would ensue if there were only one type of person or personality that graced this planet. We need the four temperament types (Sanguine, Choleric, Melancholic, and Phlegmatic).

Differences exist to be embraced!

Change is a personal journey:
Change is a great thing when a person changes because they genuinely want it. Nagging has never worked. As a matter of fact, it often causes a divide in friendships.

I am learning the best tactic is to pray. God knows best! He created my friends, and knew them way before I did.

Walls are meant to be let down:
Walls that surround my heart are meant to be let down with people I trust. Not everyone is out to hurt me, and I don’t need to put my friends through some sort of rigorous gymnastic routine in order to figure out whether they love or care for me. People make their intention and motives known over time, and I trust that God has given me discernment to weed out mal intentions from those that prove to be fruitful.

I can feel free to by myself:

True friends accept me as I am. That means they accept the side of me that smiles and giggles, and they also accept the side that is not so favorable. They understand that although I smile often, there is sometimes hurt and pain that hides behind that smile. They accept the teary and super sensitive part of me, and the sometimes extremely “out of the box” thinker I can be.

Friends sometimes have seasons:

I am a firm believer that each friend enters my life for a reason. Most of them last for a season, and few for a lifetime. I have learned to accept each friend for the specific role they play in my life.

So thank you friends, and friends that I call family! I am extremely blessed that you teach me these lessons, and so much more! They make me a better person. They help me to blossom into the beautiful flower that God desires for me to develop into. I love you all dearly!

Pearls Of Wisdom:
"True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation [an identifying name or title]."
~ George Washington

As always, thanks for purchasing, reading, commenting, subscribing and following! Until next post…

Be blessed! 

Exo31 Art, LLC Jewelry Return Policy
If you are not satisfied with your jewelry, you may return it for an exchange or credit ONLY. Any item purchased at a retailer other than Exo31 Art, LLC cannot be returned to Exo31 Art, LLC for an exchange or credit. Please contact the retailer your items were purchased from.

  • Your exchange or credit must be requested within 7 calendar days of receiving it. Please notify us via email (exo31art@gmail.com) before the return.  Your package must be postmarked within 7 calendar days of receiving it.
  • Jewelry must be its original, new, unworn, and undamaged condition to be eligible for exchange or credit. 
  • All return shipping charges are the customer's responsibility and cannot be refunded. Please return jewelry in its original package. When shipping please make sure that the container is well padded and ship using UPS or USPS. Shipping insurance is not required, but recommended. Exo31 Art, LLC is not responsible for damages or loss incurred in return shipping.
  • Information as to where to return items will be sent in response to your exchange or credit request email.
  • Once your jewelry item has been received and examined, your original method of payment will be credited within one week, not including the original or return shipping costs. You will receive an email confirmation of your refund once it is processed.

No comments: