Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11th

It's hard to believe that 9 years ago we lost so many people in the twin towers attack. I remember precisely what I was doing...I was still in college. I was watching the news (which was/is rare for me), and talking on the phone getting ready for a dance class. When it was finally stated that it was a terrorist attack, I called my mom and boyfriend at the time to make sure they were okay (they both worked in city zones). It was traumatic, not because I lost someone close to me, but becuase there were so many that did.

So today I am keeping in prayer all those that have lost during this day years ago. I pray for peace and comfort for you!

On a brighter note...today mum and I attended a wedding! Congratulations Troy and Lisa! I was supposed to make a set of earrings for the event last night, but these allergies had me a little under the weather. Instead, I decided to get on the ball, and make a pair this evening!

We had a splendid time


Ode to Joy...thanks for a new hairdo idea!

For the past couple of posts, I have been using materials that have come from belts, and these earrings are no different. The last time I posted I used the same materials. I am liking the effect the wrapped wire gives around a natural stone.

And I keep wrapping!


Pearls of Wisdom:
It is easier to lead men to combat, stirring up their passion, than to restrain them and direct them toward the patient labors of peace. ~ Andre Gide

Be blessed!

No comments: