Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Life Without Commercial Flawlessness

You may be wondering what I have been doing since the last time I have blogged. 

Presenting Exo31Art LLC's website:
  www.wix.com/exo31art/the-beginning

The Exo31Art website has been consuming lots of my time. There are still some quirks that I need to work out, but it is a great start. In a few days I will be posting how you all will be able to purchase Exo31Art products from this (The Artist in Me) blog. 

Check out the site, and let me know what you think. I am always up for some constructive criticism!



 










Thoughts For The Day
The other day I was jolted awake by the phrase, "life without commercial flawlessness". I thought long and hard about what that could mean, and it came to me. Although I have been working hard not to be consumed by being perfect, I was being wooed toward the very thing that I was attempting to flee from. 

I have posted before about being perfect and knowing that perfection is not the goal, but the journey is. But somehow in the past few incredibly busy months, I have shied away from posting because it wasn't going to be "perfect". It was that exact thought that kept me from sharing some integral parts of this incredible journey that I am on. 

So today, I am committed to doing life without commercial flawlessness! Life happens, and because nothing in life is perfect...neither am I, and that is okay! I am no longer interested in wearing a mask of flawlessness...not for others, and definitely not for myself. My declaration is this...I am who I was created to be at this very moment for a particular reason. No, I am not perfect, but the imperfect moments help me to evolve, build my character, and achieve great feats that I may not have never known I could accomplish if things were always indefectible. 

Pearls of Wisdom:
"Some of us (perfectionists, especially) fuss so much over making the 'right' choice, but in life, all that's really needed is to make any' good' choice, believe in it, go through with it, and accept the consequences.
~Unknown Author

Be blessed!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I feel you on this. I am always struggling with perfectionism. I get so caught up in it. But you are so correct in that if I waited to post until my art is perfect, then I'd never post!

gomerX said...

This is great. Permission to be human. I love it.