Monday, May 7, 2012

What I Am Living For

It's jewelry that I have been creating for the past few days! 

My Sunday trip to Northern Liberties (read further) inspired these new earrings.  They are created with screen and fabric, which make them extremely light. I ended up sewing a stitch down the back to add an extra "funk" to the design!


Stitching that adds a little "funk" :)
SOLD
(This pair is sold, but more to come..stay posted!)
 
Thoughts For The Day
I am back in the swing of things and creativity is the gift that I am not sure I could live without. On Sunday I went to a part of Philadelphia called Northern Liberties. It's an up and coming, quaint but large hub of prolific artists (both amateur and experienced) who's seemingly sole reason for living is to create. They have found ways to support themselves and are doing a wonderful job at it.

I have been knowing for some time that my success lies on these following things (to name a few):

God - Obedience to His will is of the utmost importance. His timing is impeccable, and I must cease each moment that is given. Praying and asking for something without action is futile. He has already mapped out the journey, and I need to stay on the course that is layed out in the map.

Networking -  No man is an island. To think that I can make this journey without others is preposterous. Learning from and mingling with other business minded folks forces me to grow in areas that I am well versed in and some areas that prove to be the opposite. 

Community -  Surrounding myself around, and immersing myself in a community that is of the same mind frame is so important for the growth of my work. Right-brained folks (the side that is associated with recognizing faces, expressing emotions, music, reading emotions, color, images, intuition, and creativity) tend to think drastically different than their left-brained counterparts. I am realizing that I need to be around other artists that think in the same book if not on the same page. 

I am working this current surge of motivation! Continue to read about my journey and don't forget to add your comments! Until next post.....
  
 Pearls of Wisdom:
“Community is a sign that love is possible in a materialistic world where people so often either ignore or fight each other. It is a sign that we don't need a lot of money to be happy--in fact, the opposite.”  

Be blessed!

Exo31 Art, LLC Jewelry Return Policy
If you are not satisfied with your jewelry, you may return it for an exchange or credit ONLY. Any item purchased at a retailer other than Exo31 Art, LLC cannot be returned to Exo31 Art, LLC for an exchange or credit. Please contact the retailer your items were purchased from.

  • Your exchange or credit must be requested within 7 calendar days of receiving it. Please notify us via email (exo31art@gmail.com) before the return.  Your package must be postmarked within 7 calendar days of receiving it.
  • Jewelry must be its original, new, unworn, and undamaged condition to be eligible for exchange or credit. 
  • All return shipping charges are the customer's responsibility and cannot be refunded. Please return jewelry in its original package. When shipping please make sure that the container is well padded and ship using UPS or USPS. Shipping insurance is not required, but recommended. Exo31 Art, LLC is not responsible for damages or loss incurred in return shipping.
  • Information as to where to return items will be sent in response to your exchange or credit request email.
  • Once your jewelry item has been received and examined, your original method of payment will be credited within one week, not including the original or return shipping costs. You will receive an email confirmation of your refund once it is processed.

No comments: