Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 6: I Get It From My Momma!

To start, it is great to know that you are in a position to make someone feel better. Today I realize that I have the best clients in the world. It is an honor to continue learning in order to improve their health from the inside out!

You may be wondering where my artistic prowess comes from. I get it from my momma yall! I won't snubb my dad either, he could sketch with the best of them.

My mom is super creative when it comes to interior decorating. Me...not so much! She has the ability to look at a space, take yours, hers or anyones idea and make it pop. She tells me the story of when she was younger and was excepted to an art school in Philly. She went one day, got lost on the bus, and made up in her mind that she wouldn't go back. My grandparents didn't do anything to fuel her passion at that time. Art wasn't a big money maker, and as most folks see it today, just a hobby for my grandparents. It's okay...I was happy to go on and finish something that she started, getting my bachelors degree in Fine Art.
Thanks mom and dad for believing in, and paying for my passion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's preparing to decorate for a family friends wedding!

Today's jewelry started off as a bracelet, but will end up as earrings. I haven't actually finished, but the process is a bit more involved. This go round, I didn't take just off things, and add something to make it my own.


I took off the chains of this Kenneth Cole bracelet, along with the pearls and the silver beads for a later project. I then used my electronic rotary tool (one that I am just using after having for a year or so) to file off the KC name and get this gold tone burnished look.

There you have it for this evening. Check back tomorrow for the prayerfully beautiful end product!

Pearls of Wisdom:
"I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." ~Pietro Aretino
Tell those that you love the truth folks, and set them free. Hate or great dislike lasts momentarily for most, and love is neverending!

Be Blessed!

No comments: