Thursday, August 19, 2010

Welcome Back Inspiration!

Okay, so using horrible vernacular...you know how I do! I fall off the map, and then I pick back up where I left off last.

This pick up comes at the hands of a young woman by the name of Marisa, who concentrates on spending only a dollar a day (for 365 days) on transforming ordinary clothing found at garage and flea markets into shabby chic apparel. She takes before, after, and how to pictures, and blogs about them everyday! Read it...New Dress A Day @ http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/about/


I first caught an article about the Julie & Julia type story yesterday on yahoo. Her inspiring story of turning one mans (or womans) trash into treasure has caused me to really push myself to do a little something every day.

What is the challenge? Well, I am so glad that you have asked! I won't put a time limit on it, but I am going to try my darndest to blog about what I have created daily. Although I journal faithfully (those that have been reading know that I sketch in my journal) it is probably safe to say that I will be blogging most about jewelry for the next couple of months. I have jumped back on that bandwagon again.

Although the thought of blogging daily seems daunting, I find it hard to believe that I can't post a little something...regardless of how exhausted I may feel. Afterall, I am sure there are folks out there that manage to do it while carrying more responsibilites than myself.

UPDATES:
While I was gone...perhaps contrary to popular belief, I was working. A friend and I sold our creations at a marketplace in the Piazza. I created approximately 75 pieces for the show. Buisness wasn't as jazzed as I would have liked it to be, but we got to meet several talented craftsmen/craftswomen.

I am blessed to have family and friends that will "don" my creations, and as a result I have gained the opportunity to have a few jewelry shows.

The painting has ceased for the moment, and Buddy has been sleep for a minute, but not for long. I can feel the need to put those brushes on canvas, and capture whatever I deem appealing coming up soon, and when I do, I will post them.

So, I thank you all for taking this journey with me. And thanks Marisa for letting me know that it is indeed possible. Let's ride it until the wheels fall off, and hope that they don't fall off tomorrow...LOL!

Melissa and I with our table at the Piazza!
My first jewelry post...one of many to come.
Pearls of Wisdom:
It's not how fast you get to the finish line, but the journey that you take to get there that counts!

Be Blessed!

No comments: