Friday, August 20, 2010

It's Day 2

Hey folks! It's day 2 and I am just making it in by the skin of my teeth. It's now almost 11pm in what some like to call the "Dirty Jerz", and I am just getting to take pics and write concerning my creative whims for the day.

Okay, so today I am kind of cheating. I didn't really create anything, but I am in the midst of searching endlessly for broken jewelry. Yes, I said broken jewelry. I find so much potential in what people deem trash when it comes to products that can be recycled. So, here is the call to all those that are out there in blogging land:

IF YOU HAVE BROKEN JEWELRY YOU NO LONGER WANT...SEND IT MY WAY!!! TO SAY THANK YOU, I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO MAKE YOU SOMETHING IN RETURN!!!!!!!!!!

Now that my plug is over, a twee about today's featured piece. A few days ago a dear friend of mine was so gracious to pass along a pair of earring. They broke a few times and fed up she trusted that I would be able to transform them into something beautiful. This is what I have come up with.

The earrings consisted of the floral pieces. I added the chains, some aventurine stones, and a toggle. I have also created a pair of earring as well.
There you have it! A short but sweet post for the day. I look forward to continuing tomorrow. Perhaps I will do so before the hour of 11pm :)


Pearls of Wisdom:
"Fear is a self-imposed prison that will keep you from becoming what God intends for you to be. You must move against it with the weapons of faith and love."
~ Rick Warren

If we fear the journey, we will never get to the destination. Getty up and ride the journey express! It's not always guaranteed to be a smooth ride, but one that assures you will arrive to your destination when, and how God desires you to.
Be Blessed!







No comments: